Step 1: Decide how you want to acquire Hawaiicoins.
- You can join a mining pool (choose a pool from the list on our POOLS page) if you want to start mining. Insructions for mining can be found on the Pool website.
- You can “solo-mine” your coins through your wallet. Go to HELP>DEBUG and in the CONSOLE tab you type in “setgenerate true -1”
- You can simply asking for some HIC from anyone in the community (example: join the Hawaiicoin forum on http://www.bitcointalk.org).
Step 2: Choose a wallet for your operating system
Once installed the wallet should connect directly to the Hawaiicoin network without issue. If the synchronization process does not work, please follow these instructions to kickstart the process (one-time configuration):
1. Start your wallet and go to HELP>DEBUG
2. Go to CONSOLE window
3. Add a “seed node” by typing in:
addnode pool.hicoin.us add
Wait for a few minutes for the seed node connection to establish. You’ll see a green checkmark in the lower right side of your wallet.
Hawaiicoin is available as Free And Open Source Code on GitHub at the Hawaiicoin repository.